Tuesday, October 09, 2007

A Simple Man (A Poem(

A Simple Man


I’m sure I can’t remember where, but some
Where in my simple life I found the key
That unlocked the door of the jungle around me.
Back then, the Lord and I, walked side by side,

Up and down that old path, a dirt alleyway!
I would sing, and hum, in the snow and rain
That circled over my head, on the way to school;
But then He disappear; growing up was done.

I was a simple boy; those walks were all I knew
No dog, no father, just mom, Mike and grandpa;
A hamster that looked at me, a turtle and poems
(I started writing them at twelve-years old).

Today I’m sixty-years old, can’t sleep all that well
Yesterday I tried to talk to the Lord again, just
Like I did way back when; my voice, words
A bit rumbled? But then, I’m now a simple man.




Commentary on the Simple Man: No: 2012, October 7, 2007. I’ve learned in life, God takes the simple things and stupid as they may be at times, and he loves them. He hears them weep as children, and swear as adults, and somewhere in-between, He gives them keys to open certain doors (if they are willing; He even embarrasses the smart and strong and arrogant with the simple), and yes, he keeps coming around, to see if the simple spider stooping has floundered into the empty air, and become a lovely, butterfly. When we are young, simple and innocent, it is different than when we are adults, simple and likened to a dragon. But I’ve learned being simple can be appealing to the Lord, you know he made us as we are. It is best we do not forget who we are, perhaps tuck it away now and then, if it is too much to swallow, but learn to live with it. Some folks laugh the simple-ness of other folks, it is not wise to do so, lest the Lord remind you, who you really are (and bring you back down off your high horse). I have learned if you love God, and trust Him, and the odds are against you, He can even them up, if you take the opportunities He throws your way, and wait, prepare. Once I waited for ten years, but it was worth waiting for, I had to prepare, be available, willing and usable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home