Monday, January 15, 2007

"The Lair" (new poems by D.L. Siluk) : Night Song & The Barrier

The Lair

Poetry of Dennis L. Siluk

Here are Mr. Siluk’s new, and most vivid if into disturbing poems in a longtime; readers of “The Lair,” will see the unique and simple, if not genuine representation of life, and emotional tone in life, bittersweet, seep out: in it’s harsh but brilliance in these new poems. “Poetry,” as Dennis has said in the past (or one element of it) “…must hold no pretense within it, raw or not.” In a way, these poems read as if, he was a ghost.

Rosa Penaloza de Siluk




1) Night Song

Anger set in her going, like an over would watch
As the hospital tried to hide me
From my unwed mothers arms (in 1947)
And then I took my place among
The corrupt world.

There were no bands or relatives
Upon my arrive, I
Was just simple, and naked
Looking blindly at the walls;
Now in my mothers arms
Held tightly as the nurses frowned.


Note: #1610 (1-15-2007). One child had died that night in the hospital, on October 7, 1947, at St. Josephs Hospital, in St. Paul, Minnesota; hence, I was almost fed to a new family, had my mother fallen to sleep up a few minutes more.







2) Time Barrier

The word of a camel in heat,
is not mine, don’t believe it.
The word of a stranger might be
better than a friend, be on guard.

A mans self-interest, comes in like weather
sunny one moment, gray the next
(but usually stronger than friendship.)

People walk on cracked streets
no better than water falling off a leave.

On top of the mountain I found pretense
going down it I found self-interest
In the valley—I found the poor and dying…
Those that lived by self-righteousness

What barrier do you prefer? I asked myself,
(thinking: we all need friends).


#1611 91/15/2007)


Note: This will be up dated…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home